"I Know You" A Poem

I've been on a little poetry kick for a while now, so I decided to share a poem I wrote a bit ago. It's called "I Know You". Let me know what you think of it!

------------------------

I Know You

"I know you," I whisper, touching my palm to the glass.
"You're the one with pain glazed eyes,
The one who never wants to admit she cries.
You're the one who collects fortune cookie slips,
And tapes them to her wall.
You're the one who wears a mask of happiness,
Even when you're breaking inside.
You're the one who makes sure other people are smiling brightly,
Even if you can't muster one yourself.
You're the one who's scared of caring too much,
And deathly afraid of feeling nothing at all.
You're the one who always responds, "Good," when asked how you're doing
Because it's easier than admitting the truth.
You're the one with a thousand insecurities,
And a will of impenetrable stone.
You're the one who's memorized a million songs,
But can't figure out how to forget.
"I know you," I breathe again, fogging up the mirror.
I watch my hand fall, and let it drop to my side,
As I leave my reflection behind.

------------------------

That is all.
Cheers,
Seana

Comments

  1. Aww... it's so good, Seana! (depressing, yes, but beautiful nontheless... after all, poetry is supposed to be dramatic, right?) I love this poem so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes I get into my dramatic poet mode and things like this happen. (:

      Delete
  2. This is really good Sea! You should publish it (Scripta)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I hadn't thought of that. (: Maybe I will!

      Delete
  3. Oh. My. Giddy. Aunt. That was beautiful. And slightly creepy. But also beautiful.

    ~ D. Skye <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts