The 30 Day Gratitude Challenge

It's September. Things get hectic, life gets busier, and overall sometimes it's just a mess.

For my English class, we discussed things called character traits. We focused on grit, empathy, curiosity, gratitude, hopefulness, ownership, optimism and self-control. And then came the challenge. The trumpet was sounded and the confetti fell. We were all challenged to take one of those traits and then work to get better at that trait for the month of September.

I chose gratitude. I'm not saying I'm a super negative person, but I do take people and things for granted a lot of times. Not on purpose, but it just happens as I get into a routine. So I gave myself a challenge. For every day (or at least 90% of them) in September, I'm going to either write a thank-you to someone in my life, or tell it to them directly. Not a wishy-washy thank you like, "Thanks for sharing that cookie with me, you amazing person." But deeper and more from the heart than that.

Already there have been a few snags in the road. First of all, I'm not even sure I have 30 friends who I could thank without it feeling weird, but at the same time, I feel like it'll be interesting that way. It's also really hard to rack your brain for different messages for all of those people.


So, my lovely blogger friends, I hereby challenge you to take the 30 Day Gratitude Challenge. You don't have to do it like I am, but maybe you could find another way to be grateful. Maybe have a journal where you write things down that you're thankful for each day, or maybe you want to do something for someone you're grateful down.

Do you accept the challenge?

That is all.

Cheers,
Sea

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Good luck! (: May the odds be ever in your favor.

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking about doing something like this... in the form of the encouragement board. Maybe you could use that?
    ~A.J. Ryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a good idea! Only thing is I'm not sure if people would see theirs. Perhaps I should invest in some neon signs. (:

      Delete
    2. Neon signs... I'd help with that! :) We also need some christmas lights as well.
      ~A.J.Ryan

      Delete
  3. Very interesting! I should actually work on my self-control this month, though. Too often I tell myself I'll exercise, won't eat unhealthy snacks, and will do my homework right when I get home but instead find myself lounging on the couch eating Oreos and browsing the Internet xD
    Best of luck with your challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the inevitable procrastination. (: Personally I don't usually set limits on what I can or can't eat, but I do have a good sense of how much is too much, which helps.

      Delete
  4. That is a good one. I don't know if I should try it since we are already on the 12th of this month. Isn't it late to start?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! It doesn't have to be a full thirty days. You could go for as long or short as you want. (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts