The Comment Policy

You may know that I've gotten rid of the moderation of comments here on my blog. You may not. Either way, now you know. I did this because I feel like it'll give you a squick more freedom, and I trust you all to be being honest in your opinions without being brutal. But lately, I've had to delete a few comments. I don't like doing this. I really don't. But I just don't approve of some of the words used in the few said comments. So without further ado, I bring you the TIW comment policy.

1. It's okay to be honest. When I want your advice about my writing, feel free to tell me how you feel, but if you find your comment sound a tad too harsh, please don't publish it. It'll save me some grief, and you some time.

2. Bad words are a no-no. The comments I've had to delete contained foul language. Please note that I am putting my foot down about those words, as I do not want them floating around the blogosphere, in case there are any younger readers out there.

3. I like conversations. No, this is not required of you, but when I type a reply to you, feel free to keep the conversation going. If I don't reply to your comment, it means a.) I can't find it, b.) I was going to respond and forgot to, or c.) I just couldn't think of anything good to say.

So remember, friends. Honesty, no naughty little wordies, and feel free to have a conversation with me or another reader here.

That is all.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. July said that she got your book, Hilda, and she gave me a bookmark. Your bookmark's so cute. (: I hope she lets me read it when she's finished!

      Delete
  2. Sowee Seana, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to use the B-word. Will yoo forgive me? ~Puss in Boots face~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's alright, Em. (: I just wanted to make sure the ground rules were laid out for everyone out there.

      Delete
    2. YAY! Here, have a consolidatory meerkat ~hands you a badly wrapped box from which strange squeaking noises are coming~

      Delete
    3. A meerkat? -pokes box suspiciously-

      Delete
    4. Yes. Now I must warn you - he didn't take kindly to the idea of being wrapped up and in a desperate bid for freedom leapt off the kitchen table and fell into a bowl of radioactive lemonade my sister had left lying around. This is why he has five legs and can rap in Cantonese. Do not be alarmed.

      Delete
    5. -is alarmed- Y'know, maybe he'd be better off in the animal shelter...I don't think my unicorns will be very happy to share their pasture with it.

      Delete
    6. Don't say that! He's a fragile soul!

      Delete
    7. Ah, the poor dear. Well I suppose there's room in the aviary...

      Delete
  3. Ah, yes, bad words are a no-no. The reason I still moderate comments is because one of my friends who comments every now and then might reveal something about the secret society I'm in. Oh, drat...
    Anyway, I'm holding a contest! Check out my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gotcha. Super secret stuff must stay super secret. (:

      I've entered your contest already. I saw it and went, "Oh my dear heavens! I MUST ENTER THIS!"

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts