Yearly, Annual, Every Twelve Monthly...


A year ago from today, September 22, 2011, a girl named Seana sat in front of her computer, giddy with excitement. She was starting a blog. A place to post random happenings, book recommendations, and all things randomized. As she wrote her first post, she pondered where this would take her a year from that day. She would never have been able to guess that she would be typing about unicorns, reviewing books, writing a few novels, and telling her best friend to "hush up, little bean!". But the future twisted the path of the blog, and here she was.

Here she is.

Here I am.

I just want to say thank you all so very much for staying with me every step of the way. I want to thank those of you who were there for me from the beginning, those of you who came around the middle, and those of you who joined the Totally Insane Writer community only a short while ago. You all are what make this possible. Not me, not my computer, and certainly not those invisible teddies we all know of. You. All I did was put a few words together to create a sentence. So a huge thank-you to you! Give yourselves a nice pat on the back, or if you so choose to, hug yourself.

In no particular order, I'm going to specifically thank some followers. (:

I'd like to thank July, for being my first follower and for offering support and ideas when I needed it most. Without her, there are books I wouldn't have dared read, posts I'd never thought of, and chapters of my novel I'd never have had the inspiration to write. She's provided a lot of amusement over the past year, and without her expertise, I would still have thought I knew how to do a summersault.

Hilda, RoseEmily, Hermione, MiniMoose and Destiny Skye have also been pleasant commenters around here. The comments they leave are quite fun to read, and they have commented plenty. Thanks for sticking around here even when my posts are so dull that they make you want to go jump in a pit with eels to feed them some bacon. (Still, Emily, I cannot believe you tried to slaughter me.)

A shout-out is needed for the lovely Treskie, for letting me poke about her blog and gape at her beautiful drawings (I adored that elf princess you drew). The books you talk about almost always look good, and your obsession with movies rocks.

To Emma, for showing me different ways to write short stories, and presenting some awesome new ways to put together an outfit, even if they are expensive. They're still cute. I love the short stories you write, and the way you connect them with each other.

And a huge thanks to Liam. He's provided plenty of laughs for the short time I've been peeking around his blog, and our debates are quite fun. Your reviews for books are thought-provoking, and help me see another side of a book I would never have before. Your tips on writing have helped me improve massively, and I want to say thank you for that. Keep ox cart driving, writing, and reading, Liam! (Mark my words, one day you will learn to love the MDBC...perhaps you sister will help me convince you?)

I may have missed some people who have remained dutifully faithful through the year. If I have, I apologize profusely, but if I did mention everyone who's been around here for a good while, we'd be here for another ten minutes, and I don't think the dragon I'm riding on would appreciate that.

So it's now a fresh year for this blog, a chance to do more not stupid brilliant things, and bring more laughs and randomness to the blogosphere. I plan on being here for a while longer, so if you were hoping that I would pack my bags and head to New Zealand for a bit, you're out of luck.

It's been a great year, I'd say. Let's make this year even better, shall we?

-skips down Memory Lane singing Happy Birthday in French, backwards-

Comments

  1. *slow clap* I must congratulate you, Miss Vixen for your... *sniffs* ...excellent leer-yong-- I mean, year-long blogging in the past year... *blows nose on handkerchief* Cheers to us, eh? And, thank you ever so much for your... *sniffs again* ...scintillating description, truly scintillating, of me... *coughs gently* ...though I do believe you made my nose too big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Liam. But...are you down with a cold? You sound just a tad ill...

      Delete
    2. Yesterday I was, like, a posh gentleman person who, like, liked to look down his nose and like, sniffle at people who he didn't really, like, like. So, like, sorry for that, yeah. Like... yeah.

      Delete
    3. Like...whoa. I'm feeling a little bit frightened. Were you in a play? Or did you just decide to start looking down your nose at people and sniffle? ....Wait a second...you were sniffing at me! *glares*

      Delete
    4. I was, how you say, being up high. I look down my nose at leetle hoomans on ground and sniff like dis-- *sniffs*. Eef you do not like, I care do not.

      Delete
    5. I feel like you're referencing something...and for the life of me, I can't figure out what it is.

      Delete
    6. Ach th'noo, Ah ain't referaincin' ainythin'. Ah'm only tryin' oot the differences infleiction can make, ye ken.

      Delete
    7. Quidem. Posset apprehendi te minus tempus.

      Delete
    8. Uh-uh. Don't go all Latin on me! >:(

      Delete
  2. AND I WOULD TRY TO SLAUGHTER YOU AGAIN!
    I CANNOT GET OVER YOUR CRUEL AND OFFENSIVE COMMENTS, DERIDING CARROTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Seana! And yes, some are expensive. xD (Like out-of-my-budget expensive, too.) Thank you for the mention, and here's hoping you'll have another fantastic year blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! I hope I have another grand year, and hope the rest of yours goes well too.

      Delete
  4. Your blog is a year old!? You should.... have cake. Cake is good. :)I like cake. You know what? I'll join you.

    Awwwwww. I got mentioned!! Thanks loads, girlie. I feel special now. lalalalallalala.

    God bless!
    Treskie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake is quite good, you're right. -hands cake-

      Can't have you feeling unspecial, now can we? (:

      Delete
  5. Happy Blogiversary...er Bloggerversary...Blogspotversary...SHARING AWESOME STUFF FOR A YEAR DAY!!!!

    Thank you for the mention *humbled* Do eels like bacon? OH NO, they prefer my little finger nubbins *panics* I need those, I need those!! *scares eels away with a picture of sushi* [http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_do_eels_eat]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo! SHARING AWESOME STUFF FOR A YEAR DAY!

      Sushi...hmm...well I still think bacon is a fine idea.

      Delete
  6. OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLOGIVERSARY!!!!!!!! PARTY!!!! PARTY!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I have way to much energy right now xD.
    Believe me, Seana, your posts are never dull. And if they were dull, I would not jump in a pit with eels to feed them bacon. I would rip my hair out whilst gnawing mercilessly on a pencil. And I am very against the gnawing of pencils.
    Luckily, that has never happened, and I am still a protester against pencil gnawing. We are humans, not beavers. FOR THE JUSTICE OF PENCILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Runs into imaginary battlefield with sword*
    Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this energy has come before I've given you the virtual cake?! Yikes.

      Aw, thanks, doll. Good to know that my readers aren't dying of boredom from my posts. Those eels are awfully crafty.

      Your "For the justice of pencils!" reminds me of Narnia...FOR NARNIA! AND FOR ASLAN! *charges with light saber she stole from Star Wars*

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts