Excitement Is Brewing

Oh, glorious plays.

Those things that can be witty, suspenseful, hilarious, or depressing. Those things where actors and actresses shine in the spotlight, and where we fall in love with characters, and come to hate others. Speaking of which, I just happen to be holding a copy of this year's play script. Now, it's tradition for the 8th graders to put on a play every year, and the 8th graders this year happen to include moi. I refuse to give out the name of this year's play, as it's still supposed to be semi-hush-hush, but I'll just disclose that there'll be some accent talking and blackmailing going on.

In this play there are a few MAIN main characters, and there's other ones who are important to the plot. The good news about that is that since there's no way I could play a MAIN main character, there are a few options other than those that I can try for. Huzzah!

The only problem is that there is 88 kids in my grade, and there's only 22....23....21....somewhere around there.....total parts on stage. There'll probably be a lot of people who get cut, so I'm just going do my best and see what happens then.

Now then. I have an idea for the Christmas contest. What if I gave you the rules for the contest (i.e. write a story, take a picture, draw something Christmassy), and then instead of judging it and picking what I like best, would you prefer I did a random drawing instead? As in, I would stuff all the names of the people who entered into a hat, shove my hand in, and the one that comes out is the winner. What do you think?

That is all.

Comments

  1. Plays with not many parts bother me. One year our production was "Into the Woods," which has very few main characters, and barely an ensemble. It was hard to get a part.
    I like your idea for the contest! Seeing as some are more skilled in certain subjects than others, it's more fair to draw them randomly :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I hope I get a part in the play, but even if I don't, I do have a knack for painting things, so I can probably help with the set.

      Thanks for your feedback on the drawing! (:

      Delete
  2. Mega good luck in your audition! I hope you get the part you want (or at least a part in general). I don't mind about the drawing from a hat, but maybe if you get slightly fewer entrants than anticipated, that idea might not be the best to go for? Just a thought (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rose! (:

      That's true. If I get one participant again, sticking that name in a hat won't do any good. xD.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I had to remove that last comment because I totally biffed on the wording :P Anyway, the contest sounds fun! Maybe I'll draw some stick people or something amazing like that :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plays are so much fun! :D :D
    As for the competition, I think it's best to judge it like a man! (Or, woman.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts