Kicking Down Some Walls (Ninja Style)

It's strange, isn't it? How we as humans are so quick to build walls between us and our neighbors, just because they're different from us. We assume that we are right and they are wrong. And that is the problem. That is why there are wars. That is why we need to start tearing down the walls.

There's so many divisions in our country. What side you are on politics, what you like, your ethnicity, how you talk, how you act, who you're friends with, what college football is your favorite. Why is it that we feel like we need to be in our little protective bubble of people who are similar to us? Why can't we just accept that everyone is different, that everyone is unique and not everyone will be our carbon copy? Face that reality. No one is going to be exactly like you. So why do people shun the people who are just slightly different than them? Why do they assume that their side is the right side, the good side?

Everyone wants to go with the flow. Americans have this twisted vision of perfection, of beauty. You have to look this way, act this way, and be this way. I can't stress this enough. You can't be perfect. If you try to keep going with the rapid flow, you're going to drown yourself trying. People are going to build up walls around you anyway. No matter what you do.

So embrace your difference. Show the world that no matter what they think, you are your own person. You have the free will to be your wonderful, unique, special you. Once you start thinking like that, the walls around you will crumble.

If people can really own up to that truth, then together we can start kicking down walls (ninja style).

Comments

  1. This is a really nice piece...much better writing than I could ever do. But people are allowed to have their own opinion and to think that that opinion is correct, and a little debating is always okay. However I do agree that people cannot be perfect...what is this twisted vision of perfection that Americans have? And as American is not a race, do you refer to all citizens of America?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. (:

      I agree, a little debate is always welcomed.

      What I mean when I say Americans, is simply people who live in America. The twisted perfection that has been created, is that you have to be skinny, have perfect skin, flawless make-up, you have to look a certain way for people to think you're perfect.

      Delete
  2. Cause we are all secretly ninjas in secret. Ok that was a very special sentence......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course we're all ninjas in secret! If we weren't, then there would be no point in secretly being ninjas and mastering the art of secretal sectretism.

      ...I win. My sentence was way weirder than yours.

      Delete
    2. Haha you haven't said "secretal secretism" for the longest time!

      Delete
    3. Mostly because I haven't had a cause to. (:

      Delete
  3. Seana, have you ever heard the song Status Quo, from the cast of Starship? I doubt you have, but it has a beautiful line in it: "I kick down the walls around me, they don't know how strong I am!" It's one of my favorite songs. The musical has a lot to do with being different and choosing your path. I would definitely recommend YoutTubeing "Status Quo, Starship". The ending is confusing for you if you haven't seen the rest of the musical (which is also great, but contains swears).
    I applaud you on your post. I share your views on what is known as "perfection".
    ~Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and while the musical swears, the song is clean :). Just thought you should know.

      Delete
    2. I can't say that I've heard that song, because I haven't. I give it a look-see as soon as I can. (:

      Delete
  4. Oooh, inspirational. ~nods several times~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. *bows* I figured I ought to be inspirational once and a while.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts