#LoveMe Challenge | Day 9

Hello, lovelies!

Day #9 is here, and I really like this prompt especially well. Also, you may notice that I've added a new signature to the end of my posts, so that's a fun little new thing to look at when you're done scrolling. (:

-----

Share Something Beautiful


This photo was taken at the Grand Rapids Art Museum. They had recently set up the exhibit for Iris van Herpen's fashion collections, and it was honestly one of the most stunning things I have ever seen.

She's a younger artist in terms of the fashion world (early thirties I want to say), and her home base is in the Netherlands. She makes these dresses out of things like plastic shards, metals, and even feathers dipped in a silicone material to make their texture change. Iris even has a dress that's made of a shiny silver material that turned into a burnt copper color because of pollution, and she used it to make a huge statement about how bad the pollution in the world is. She thinks about the world in different ways, and draws inspiration from some of the craziest things I've ever heard of.


For example, this dress is supposed to resemble a splash of water. (The clear part is made of melted plastic.)


The dress on the left is the one I mentioned earlier that's made of feathers dipped in a rubbery material. The one on the right is made up of tiny glass balls, all put together to create this incredible design.


I don't know the material of the dress nearest to me in this picture, but the middle one is meant to rustle and sway as the model walked down the runway. I saw video footage of a fashion show, and the dresses looked amazing in action.


This dress is one of my favorites. It's an almost translucent purple, and it looks so delicate and ethereal. The dress had to be custom-made for the model who would wear it, and the waist is so thin that it needed to have snaps on the sides to clip her in without breaking it.

There's a lot more to her collections, but this post would go on way too long if I tried to cram it all here. Either way, Iris is one of the most talented people in the world, and her designs are truly beautiful. If you ever get the chance, go see her collection if it goes on display at a museum near you; I promise you won't regret it.

That is all.

Cheers,


-----

Comments

  1. The one with the water splash out of plastic is particularly interesting.
    These are indeed beautiful! What sustainable fashion forward designs!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris's designs are so amazing to see in person, so definitely go to a museum if you have the chance! (: Also find a tour guide person, because they know SO much about them and it's really cool to hear about the little nuances that go with the designs.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts