#LoveMe Challenge | Day 1

Hello, lovelies!

I get quite a few blogs subscriptions sent straight to my inbox, and Nevillegirl's blog is one of my favorites. She found a challenge that gives a prompt for 28 days, and was heavily inspired to do it this month because of February's ties with love. (Click HERE to read her post.)

This challenge is really meant to help you learn to love yourself, and she mentioned that it's really making waves through mental health communities. So I decided to take on this challenge myself. For the next 28 days, there will be a new blog post answering a new prompt, and you'll probably find out more about me than you ever thought you would.

So without further ado, here is prompt #1. (I will include a full list of the prompts at the end of each post so you can see what's ahead.)

-----


Why are you doing #LoveMe?



Over the past six months, I've made it a priority to start caring for myself mentally and physically, but I know that sometimes I get stuck in the loop of self-hate instead of self-love. Competition and comparison can sometimes push me to be my best, but other times they become my greatest enemies when it comes to liking myself.

So this month I just want to slow down and stop trying to prove myself to other people and to myself, and just take a step back and see me for me. It's so easy for me to start nit-picking details about the way I look and the way I act, and part of that is why my anxiety flares up immensely. I'll feel like a caged animal, stuck in the flaws I never asked for, and my thoughts will launch me into a panic attack that makes me feel powerless.

I am going to do this challenge because I want something to look back on every time I start to feel like I'm not enough. I want to be so comfortable in my skin that I never think about tearing someone down, and I want to be someone that is so in love with herself that she can love other people freely, without insecurity and anxiety coming back to bite me.

This challenge isn't for attention; it's not to make anyone feel sorry for me. It's about loving myself and living my story the best that I can.

-----

Well.

That was Day 1! Check back in every day this month for a new post. And also feel free to take this challenge yourself if you feel like it's something you want to do. (Again, all the questions will be put down at the end of each day's post.)

That is all.

Cheers,
Seana


-----


Comments

Popular Posts