#LoveMe Challenge | Day 11


Hello, lovelies!

Today is Day #10 in this challenge, and it's already crazy to me how much we've covered in these short few days. Yesterday was more of a serious post, so I think you'll like the change today back to a happier topic.

* * *

Share A Smile


This is my dog.

Her name is Shelby, and she's part mini-labradoodle, part complete trouble-maker/drama queen. She's a little over a year old now, and it's so weird to think that we've already had her for so long. I took a bunch of pictures when she was a puppy, and seeing her growing out of her puppy fat makes me laugh because she was such a chubby little baby when we got her. If you ever got to pet her in person, she'd feel like a fluffy little copper cloud of huggable goodness. (:

I chose her for today's prompt because she never fails to make me smile. She's the weirdest dog I've ever had, and sometimes she'll get into these weird moods where she'll just lay on her back and chew on a bone while kicking her feet in the air. Other times she'll want to follow me around at all times and jump up on my bed while I'm getting ready in the morning for class.

She's afraid of all loud noises and she gets freaked out by strangers, so it's pretty hard to take her for walks or hikes because she always wants to be carried when she's scared. (And even though I do love the little fuzzball, I'm not going to spend a five mile hike with her in my arms.) She's best friends with my brother's dog, Tucker, who's a tiny little dog that looks a lot like a Yorkie (I think he's an Australian silky terrier?), and whenever my brother and sister-in-law visit, she cries because she's so excited to see her bestie.

Shelby is definitely a little derpy sometimes, but she reminds me of myself in a way. She's incredibly clumsy, but I know she'll always be there for a cuddle if I need one.

That is all.

Cheers,


PS: Send me pictures of your dogs and I'll love you forever. (:

* * *

Comments

  1. Shelby looks absolutey adorable!

    I have a cat...that is very creatively named Kitty. I can't even blame my 3 year old self for that name...I was 14 (but there is a story behind it).

    Pets have a way of creeping into our homes, our beds and then our hearts in a miraculously gentle way.

    Pets are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, your cat's name reminds me of a book I read that was called, "A Dog Called Kitty". I have no idea what it was about, but it was cute, I remember.

      I don't know what we'd do without little fuzzballs to keep us company. (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts