#LoveMe Challenge | Day 15

Hello, lovelies!

We're almost halfway done with the month already, which is so crazy to me. I've never done daily posting for an entire month, and it's been cool to see how much I've done so far. Anywho, it's Day #15, so let's get into it, shall we?

* * *

Something You Have Done Right


I don't often get angry. Irritated, maybe annoyed, sure. But anger isn't something I usually feel on a daily basis, or even a weekly one. Few things can make me truly angry, and most of those things stem from things that go completely against my morals.

At the end of my junior year (last year), we had to start filling out forms to go to senior camp during the summer. One of the things that had to be put on the form was who you wanted to bunk with, and of course drama just had to ensue from that. Most people found a friend and put each other's names down, but there were some people who got "stuck" with someone they didn't want.

One of my friends, Emilia we'll call her, was originally going to bunk with one of her friends, but ended up having to bunk with a girl named Jess. Now, Jess isn't someone with extreme special needs, but she needs extra help with homework and also needs a leg up when it comes to social skills. She and Emilia weren't friends, but Jess was willing to be her bunkmate for the night.

But Emilia wasn't having it. She was pissed, and I could tell. However, anytime I'd confront her, she would play the nice girl card and act like she was okay with it, even though she would rant when given the chance. She came up to me after school one day, when I was chatting at my locker with a few friends, and she tried to convince me and these girls to switch around bunkmates so that she could be with someone besides Jess. She and I went back and forth, with me trying to make her see the bright side and she trying to make me change my mind.

Finally, we were both exhausted from debating. She eventually spat, "I'm fine bunking with anyone." By this point I was tired and a switch flipped in my brain, and I got angry. Jess doesn't have a lot of good friends at school, just because of her personality and lack of social skills, but she tries so hard and just wants to be liked, the same we all do. So I leaned forward and looked Emilia dead in the eye and said, "Then there's not a problem, is there?" I guess that was enough to stop Emilia from pushing the issue further, because she got this look of furious defeat on her face before stomping off.

Maybe I could have done things a little differently, but I feel deep in my heart that I did the right thing. Treating people like an option isn't okay, and kicking people while they're down is never the right answer. Jess and I don't speak much, because of lack of shared classes, so she may never know what I did to keep her from being left behind.

And that's okay.

That is all.

Cheers,

* * *

Comments

Popular Posts