#LoveMe Challenge | Day 6

Hello, lovelies!

Day #6 is upon us! Yesterday was a letter to my past self, and today's prompt is like it but to my future self instead. I did something like this my freshman year, writing to my senior self (and to be honest, I don't know where that letter is). I always love doing things like this, so I'm excited to get this show on the road.

------

A Note to the Future You



Dear me,

Today is February 4. I went on a hike today with Dad, and I'm currently prepping for the Israel trip I'll be heading out on after graduation. I ran out of tissues on the hike, so I ended up blowing my nose on stray leaves that I found. Note to self: brittle leaves aren't the best choice to use when you have a cold.

But you already know all about that, don't you?

I hope you're doing okay. I hope your anxiety is still at a manageable level, and that college is treating you, or has treated you, well. Hopefully your roommate is (was) a lovely person, and you figured out what you wanted to do with your life. College majors are one of the most asked things, so hopefully you found something that you love. And if you're out in the real world working hard and owning a cute little apartment in the city like you've always dreamed, then well done. I'm proud of you.

Please remember to be kind. Everyone has a story, and you might have a whole chapter, or even just a sentence to make a difference.

I hope you've found someone to love. Whether that's a dear friend or a romantic relationship, I hope you never let fear control you because you're afraid what the future will hold. Don't you dare ever settle for being treated less than the person you are, because having to constantly fight for someone else's attention means they never deserved in the first place. You don't need other people to be complete, and if you love yourself, you'll be okay.

And lastly, I hope you're happy. I hope you're living life and doing the things that make you laugh for the sake of laughing.

Love,
You

PS: Did you finally get that cat and name him Mr. Bingley? If not, please do.



------



Comments

  1. I LOVE THIS!
    This is a better idea than the conventional 'Blogmas flu' that goes around in December- which I caught.

    This #LoveMe is a good idea for several reasons:
    -each day allows the reader more personal insight into the author behind this blog, you.
    -Allow you to reflect
    -Keeps you on your blogging toes

    It will be so lovely to return to this blog and see how your letter matches to your life and to see how much you have changed- or haven't.

    About 5 years ago, in my innocent 13 yr old hand-writing, I wrote a letter to my 30 year old self. If all goes well, head over to my blog in 12 years where you can read what I wrote.

    Seriously though, I love this and can't wait till the 8th and 9th and 10th and 11th etc.

    I'll be following your blog to keep up!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Steph!

      First of all: this is one of the SWEETEST things anyone has ever commented on my blog. (: I think it's so cool that you wrote a letter to your future self as well, and being able to look back on that letter later on in your life is going to be amazing.

      The #LoveMe Challenge has been full of such amazing prompts, and I'm equally as excited to see what the next days hold.

      PS: I poked around your blog, and the layout is STUNNING! You're definitely giving me some inspiration to revamp my theme here. (: Was it hard to set up?

      Delete
  2. Seana, thanks for popping round my blog. It warms my heart to know that you like my layout. I'm always tweaking something here and getting frustrated with elements there to get it just right.

    It wasn't difficult- at least not for the most part. Now and again something will boggle my mind a bit but then it works out.

    If you need any help, do let me know! I'd be more than happy to lend a helping hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I've been blogging for years, and I totally still have things that I have to puzzle through too. (:

      With that style of design, do all the side buttons still work? I have a lot of pictures and other things on my sidebar and I'm worried the formatting will change so much and I won't be able to fix it easily. Also, is there a site with a lot of options I could page through to see if there's one design that I like?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts