#LoveMe Challenge | Day 26

Hello, lovelies!

Only two more days left after this one, which is so insane! Thanks again for being so lovely and supportive.

* * *

What Makes You Feel Beautiful?


*tries to resist singing a certain One Direction song (which I won't name because you all probably know which one it is)*

I wrestled with this prompt. Sure, there's things that make me feel pretty: a perfect outfit, makeup that slays, a good pair of shoes. But...beautiful? It's not that I don't believe I'm beautiful. I do, but I don't think there's any physical thing that makes me feel beautiful.

I know I feel beautiful when I feel loved.

There's something about looking into someone's eyes, be it a friend, a family member, or someone else, and having them tell you something in a genuine way. Maybe it's a sincere compliment or a simple thank-you, but just knowing that maybe I've made a difference in someone else's life makes me feel beautiful. I soak up emotions like a sponge, and feeling loved and appreciated makes me just feel so full of life and like I can take on anything.

I hesitate to say that feeling beautiful is something that I rely on other people to give me a boost towards, because insecurity doesn't plague me when there's no one around to call me pretty. That's not it at all. I'm just really hard on myself, much more than others, and it's nice to sometimes be reminded that there's goodness even when I feel like I'm a flop.

I'm also a firm believer in finding beauty within yourself, so I've taken a lot of time over the past few years just to give myself some love and remind myself that beauty is in the eye of the beholder; my eyes can't always be searching for flaws. I feel beautiful when I feel confident, and although that confidence sometimes gets a boost from other people, I know deep down that it has to come from me, too.

I'm not perfect, but I know I'm beautiful, regardless of what happens or where I go.

That is all.

Cheers,


* * *

Comments

  1. Yes, feeling loved is the best beautiful feeling!
    -Gray Marie
    graymariecox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts