#LoveMe Challenge | Day 27

Hello, lovelies!

We're so close to the end now, which seems so surreal. Stay tuned for the FINAL post in this month-long challenge tomorrow, where we'll be more formally wrapping up this tag. (:

* * *

What Have You Accepted About You?


I think the biggest thing I've accepted about myself is that it's okay that I'm not always strong all the time. I mentioned earlier that I compare myself to a glass cannon, which means I'm fiery and fragile all at once. I used to hate, and I mean hate, the idea of weakness in myself, but weakness to me meant vulnerability, and that meant I was opening myself up to a world of hurt. Someone once told me that it takes strength to be able to open up and be vulnerable, and that completely changed my perspective on the whole thing.

I've also accepted the fact that I am not going to be the best at everything. I love competition, and rising to first place in different aspects of my life has always been a pressure I put on myself because I'm a perfectionist at heart. But I'm not going to be an Olympic athlete, and I'm not going to be the next Mozart. And that's okay. The jack-of-all-trades thing is more of my style, and I don't mind it at all.

My anxiety is something that I wouldn't say I've accepted in a way that admits defeat. I still fight it every single day, and it's a battle I'm determined to win fully. But I've accepted on a level where I no longer let it define me. I've stopped fearing it and trembling at the idea of it coming up unexpectedly. There's more to life than what's wrong, and I've finally become at peace with the fact that my anxiety may be more present than I want, but it isn't me.

Also, I've more comes to terms with the fact that it's okay to feel. Sometimes I take "conceal don't feel" way too much to heart, because it's easier to pretend everything is okay rather than reveal what's really going on. People always see me as the level-headed, calm person who isn't fazed by much, and it always surprises them when my excitement or anger or happiness goes off the charts for what's "normal" for me. But I'm a very emotional person, and bottling things up has never worked out well in the past. And I'm okay with letting things out more now, because it's all part of me, whether or not people think I should be another way.

I've accepted the fact that this is my life, and I can live it any way I choose to. If I want to be confident and climb a mountain, I can, and if I want to just turn myself into a blanket burrito and watch Netflix for five hours, that's my choice too.

Of course there are things that will take longer for me to accept, but I've discovered there's so much to me that I'm already learning to love as they are.

That is all.

Cheers,


* * *

Comments

  1. Seana, I'm still in love with these posts as I was the day that I read the first one. Congratulations on making it virtually to the end.

    I await, in anticipation, as to your final day to see the culmination of these last 28 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Steph! You've been so lovely and sweet for this past month, and I'm so glad that you found your way over to my blog. (:

      Delete
  2. These posts are so perfect! I love reading about you discovering more about yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts