Sometimes...

Sometimes it feels like I've failed. Like I could've done better if only I'd done this, if only I'd avoided that. If only, if only, if only. And right now, I suppose that's the feeling I have right now. If only I'd sung louder. If only I hadn't sung off-tune. If only, if only, if only.


Reason for this feeling? I tried out for our school's worship team--a dream I've had for a long time. Even if I'm not your American Idol crazy amazing singer, I love singing, and just giving praise to God is one of the coolest things that our worship team gets to do.


The list of who made it was revealed today.


I raced over and ran to see if I'd made it, if my dream of doing it had come true.


My name wasn't on the list.


I looked again, desperately scanning the list for any sign of the name "Seana Vixen". Over and over my eyes looked for those letters. What they found was July Emmance and Christine Vandenbosch.


I stuck on my brave face, but once people started sympathizing me and explaining why I probably hadn't made it, some tears escaped my probably red eyes. I tried so hard for this, and then it turned around and left me in the dust. It does seem like a disappointment, but I know that there wasn't anything I could have really done to change it. It's done now, and there's no point living in the past. The future is what I make of it.


Congrats to July and Christine <3


~Seana

Comments

  1. You are brave Sea. I love you so much and I feel awful. I know you don't like sympathy and I don't either. This isn't sympathy though, it's me saying I love you and that you're a lot tougher than what people give you credit for. Keep your head up high.
    <3Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. But it's not your fault you made it--so don't feel guilty about it. Sing your heart out and just let your voice ring loud and true!
      <3 Sea

      Delete
  2. Seana,

    That is too bad that you didn't make it. But just because you didn't get in doesn't mean you can't sing or you aren't talented.

    Remember bk. 4 of the MBDC? Adele and Savannah both make the solo list but Jess doesn't? Even though your friends made it, you still have them and another chance next year!

    -D. Skye <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Destiny, that little tidbit from the MDBC? Totally made my day. (:

      Delete
  3. You're welcome!

    -D.Skye <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sea, sorry I haven't been on my laptop all weekend, but keep that spring in your step! Don't let this get you down because there must be some reason that you didn't make the team even if you can't see it yet. Maybe there will be something else in store for you instead! Love ya!
    July

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts