Marching & Other Fun Stuff

A past Tulip Time poster (:
Marching bands are always fun to see. And today and the day before, I was marching. Here in Michigan we do something called "Tulip Time" where we have a big parade and everyone's wearing their Dutch costumes and selling elephant ears while admiring the tulips. This year because of the early heat wave, there weren't much tulips left and the organizers of Tulip Time were worried it would be a Stem Fest instead. Thankfully, they set aside some tulips for the floats so there were enough to go around. There even were a few along the downtown area, so, bonus!


Anyways, I'm rambling I suppose, but if I wasn't rambling, I wouldn't be me.


So, my school has a marching band and it's been made totally awesome by me being there. Just kidding. Mostly. (: We got the immense pleasure of marching a mile long parade route in our beautiful revolting shaded mustard uniforms combined with navy blue for a knockout combo. Pretty snazzy, eh? Actually, it wasn't so bad, except for the fact that I wore sports pants underneath mine and they were longer than the actual band uniform pants, leaving an awkward black strip and a tinge of hot pink. And of course, being the crazy seamstress that I am (haha, another joke. I can't sew to save my life) I took the pant leg and bunched them up around my ankle tying it with a hair tie. Ninja outfit skills. (:


We also had this move called "The Swag" in which we're sort of diagonally shuffling forward for eight steps. It was quite special. We pulled it off pretty well I think, except for when the eight steps were over and we had to go back to regular marching, and we all half forgot to start regular marching again. And our drum cadence got a wee bit off course there too. (:


Over all, I think it went nicely. Yay us. Thankfully, we don't have to march in the Saturday parade, but we do have to prepare for Memorial Day and that parade.


So, I'm still asking July this question, but what would ya'll think if July and I teamed up for a blog together? We'd still of course keep our separate ones, but the new one would be us working together and combining our natural silliness and fun to become the ultimate blog of randomness.


Whaddya think of my idea, viewers?


<3 Sea

Comments

Popular Posts