Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I'm not quite sure why it's called "Happy", as some of you might remember a loved one you or your family lost serving our country, and this memory is anything but happy. To all of you military officers, I salute you for your bravery and courage and your sacrifices for our nation. Thank you.

Now, onto a different topic. I've finished Darke by Angie Sage, the six book in the Magyk series, and it was excellent. I love the style that Angie writes with; it's very authentic and you really understand a character's feelings. I will NOT, in fact, be doing a review on it, as spoilers would be evident throughout the entire thing, and that would be no fun at all, now would it?

Happily, I have started The Son of Neptune (hereafter it will be referred to SoN)which is the 2nd book in The Lost Hero series. I want to say it's a trilogy, but I'm not quite sure. But alas, so far this book has succeeded in making me laugh, which is a requirement I have of good books. If the whole thing is this boring blah blah blah stuff, you can bet it goes on my "Need to boil in a vat of Jell-O NOW" list. Since the next Magyk book, Fyre, has not been published, I'm running low on my stack of books again. So I could use some book ideas, ASAP. Please give me your suggestions! (And no, July, I refuse to read Shakespeare's Secret, so don't suggest that! ^_^)
I promise to do a review on SoN when I finish it, so I'm off to go read, write, and probably eat a popsicle as I'm super hot from marching in 80+ degree weather for the parade.

Have a great Memorial Day, and don't forget to thank our servicemen and women.
<3 Seana

Comments

Popular Posts