In Between

Hi everyone! Have you checked out my daily advice on the side of my blog? I'll try to post some new advice each day. Some advice will be cute or silly, but others I hope to be really meaningful for you. And don't forget to scroll ALL the way down to the bottom of my blog and you'll find a really cute surprise. Is there something you think I should add to my blog? If you have any ideas you think I should consider, I'd love it if you'd leave comment or email me at seana.j.vixen@gmail.com with your idea. :)

Today's book is called In Between by Jenny B. Jones.
This story is about a high school age girl (at least I think she's that old, I haven't read it in a while...) who's mom is in jail for selling drugs. Katie lives for a while with girls in a home for girls. But then she's sent to live with a foster family. Katie doesn't plan to make any of this permanent since her middle aged foster parents (James and Millie Scott) don't seem like the type to be able to handle a teenager, and to her horror, her foster dad is a pastor. Later Katie gets into the wrong group of "friends" at school, and she's handcuffed and grounded. Katie is later introduced to Millie's mother "Mad" Maxine. A crazy old lady who's not your average cookies-and-milk granny. But there's also tension between her foster parents, a secret that they haven't told Katie that threatens to tear them apart. Can Katie survive Mad Maxine? Will she find a way to help her foster parents? Will the "churchies" be able to look beyond her shady past and accept her for who she is? Read and find out! This book is a part of a series that order in this way: In Between, On the Loose, and The Big Picture.

Seana's opinion about the book: I loved this book! Jenny B. Jones has a way of incorporating a LOT of laughs into her books. Oh and just to clue you in, Jenny has written another series that starts with So Not Happening. Don't worry, I'll blog about that one soon!

'Til we meet again,
~Seana J. Vixen

Comments

Popular Posts