Ugh

Hellooo again everyone! Today I stayed home from church because I was *sniffs* not feeling well and stuff. *coughs* Still not feeling the best right now either. Seems like all of my friends aren't doing so hot either. *sneezes* Ugh. I hate being sick because I feel so gross. I mean, if you've had a cold (which probably ALL of you have) you know how absolutely annoying it is. Ew...gotta blow my nose again.

A big shout out to the newest follower of my blog! Welcome Kate! Hope you enjoy poking around my blog and reading my thoughts on different books. If you have a thought on what book you think I should read and review on my blog, send me an email at seana.j.vixen@gmail.com or you can post a comment if you'd like. Either way I'd be happy to hear from any of my followers!


Okay today's book is called Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix.
Here's another
Here's one cover
This story is about a girl named Ella Brown who goes through the whole Cinderella story, but without all the Bibidi-bobidi-boo's. When Ella meets Prince Charming it's a dream come true and she instantly falls in love. But after he recovers her glass slipper and whisks her away to the castle, Ella is having second thoughts about being Princess Cynthiana Eleanora since her prince is the most bland person she's ever met and just full of himself. Ella confides her feelings with her young tutor Jed, and a little girl who's a servant named Mary. But when Ella and the prince's relationship sours and she's thrown in the dungeon under the careful eye of Madame Bisset. With the help of her friends, can Ella escape and find her real true love? And will Jed be able to fulfill his life long mission? Read and find out!


Seana's opinion about the book: Great book. Great author. Need I say more? Haddix writes a TON of really good books like the Found series, Among the Hidden series, and another book is called Palace of Mirrors. (Palace of Mirrors is a companion book to Just Ella as the character Ella shows up later in that book along with Jed.) This book has suspense and some action. Ella is not a wimpy girl who likes to sew and wear corsets. She is a hands on kind of girl and she her personality is very determined. NOTE: Once again there are different cover designs, so I'll post the pictures of the covers that I know of so that you can find this book easily. I personally like the cover that looks like it's ripped compared to the other one.

Seana's question of the day: If you were me, what would I be like?

Keep your nose in a good book,
~Seana J. Vixen

Comments

  1. Hey! I agree Haddix is a GREAT author. You do know that Kate is Kathy right? Yeah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I know that Kate is Kathy! I kinda figured that out when I saw that she followed a pig lovers blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah thats what gave it for me too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts