Dear Pen Pal

Howdy guys and gals! Seana's back with more exciting news from my very own life! (Okay, now that I reread that, it sounded really cheesy. Oh well!) Today I was SO close to being able to play with my friend July Emmance at tennis today since her partner Cassandra wasn't there right away and the coach said that we could play together. But then Cassandra showed up and July got to play with her. They won like 8-3 or 8-4 I think. I'm not sure which. I myself got to play with my original partner Mary. Mary was super nice and stuff, always saying like, "Good job," and "You did really good!" So that was really sweet of her. :)

Here is a picture of the cover
Today's book is called Dear Pen Pal by Heather Vogel Frederick. This story is year three for the book club crew, and there's a lot of change going on. Megan Wong's (Megan is on the cover of this book) grandmother has come to live with them from Hong Kong and is causing some tension between her and Megan's mother. (Her grandmother's daughter.) The thing is, Megan's mother is a healthy food freak and always on the look out for super healthy things, that usually taste HORRIBLE. But Gigi, Megan's grandma, is all about the flavor and the wonderful Chinese food from her country. But Megan's family issues aren't the only things to worry about. Cassidy Sloane has some problems brewing of her own. From her sister going to college away from home, to a new baby that's going to arrive soon in her house. Her mother and stepfather are trying their best to get her accustomed to the idea, but Cassidy doesn't want anything to do with this baby. And on top of everything else, as if that weren't enough, the moms of the book club have decided that the girls (in honor of the book they're reading called Daddy Long Legs) they are forced to write a letter to their pen pals in Wyoming every month. Some girls get along with their pen pals, others couldn't be more different. So, the question is: How on earth are they going to handle all of these things in their lives?

Seana's opinion about the book: Heather's third book in the series is just as good as the first, and I really like the way she inserts some Latin words in Jess's chapters (note: each chapter switches characters like in the first two books, so pay attention to the titles on new chapters; it'll say a name and that's who's perspective you'll be reading through) and I also liked how each girl has such a different personality. The book is family friendly, and you could definitely read this in your own mother-daughter book club!


Seana's Question of the Day: Would you like me to insert you into my story that I'm writing? 
If you would like me to, please leave a comment and three really good reasons of why you think I should add you into my story. Also, be sure to describe how you look and your personality so that I can add a few authentic accents to your character. Thanks!

Bye!
~Seana J. Vixen

Comments

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts