Book Review: Witch and Wizard

Well I've been reading like a maniac these last few weeks, and I've decided to do another book review. This one's in a series, so I'll post on the second one tomorrow or the next day.


Witch and Wizard 
by James Patterson



The world is changing: the government has seized control of every aspect of society, and now, kids are disappearing. For 15-year-old Wisty and her older brother Whit, life turns upside down when they are torn from their parents in the middle of the night and slammed into a secret prison for no reason they can comprehend. The New Order, or the N.O. as it is also known, is clearly trying to suppress Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Being a Normal Teenager. But while trapped in this insane nightmare, Wisty and Whit discover they have incredible powers they’d never dreamed of. Can this newly discovered witch and wizard master their skills in time to save themselves, their parents–and maybe the world from The One Who is the One and his New Order?
Seana's opinion about the book: I must say, it was actually pretty well written. James Patterson is also the author of the Maximum Ride series, which I LOVE. Actually, the first few in that series are really not my favorite at all, but once you reach the books of: Max, Fang, and Angel, it gets way better. (Still waiting for that last book, The End of Maximum Ride to become available in the library. Grr.) Now then, enough about that book. Witch and Wizard has some annoyingly suspenseful endings to chapters which made me want to keep reading it. It did have a bit of bad language (watch the usage of the H-E double hockey sticks, Mr. Patterson) I was surprised how well the author actually was able to make the kids' special magic click with the New Order and still keep a good plot going. There's a few bits of bad words here and there in this book, but it's not like, every other word or anything like that. If you are able to block out those words, then you should read this; if you can't, then don't. I'd recommend this to you if you like the following: books with suspense, action, magic and a few other things that I can't seem to remember off the top of my head. Now, if you can read your way through this one, there are two others in this series. Witch and Wizard: The Gift and Witch and Wizard: The Fire. I'm about halfway through W&W: The Fire, and I'll blog about W&W: The Gift soon. So yeah, hope you read this book, but it's your choice.
Your bookworm buddy,
Sea J.V. <3

Comments

Popular Posts