Movie Fun

I just finished watching the Hunger Games (How did I accomplish that? That's for me to know and ya'll to wonder ^_^) and I must say, it was excellent. Many things made me so made I wanted to bite something. Here's a few


1. They didn't use some of the crucial quotes such as, "You here to finish me off, Sweetheart?" when Katniss finds Peeta.








2. ****SPOILER IGNORE THIS IF YOU DON'T WANNA KNOW****
They made Thresh get killed by mutts. LIES! He did not!








3. (you may look now if you scrolled past 2.) They totally forgot the sleep syrup and the berries Katniss crushed to make Peeta fall asleep so that she could get to the Cornucopia.


4. They totally got rid of the thunderstorm and the huge pot of food that was sent to them by Haymitch.






5. ****SPOILER AGAIN****
Are you kidding me? They made them all happy happy at the end of the movie instead of Katniss and Peeta being really quite distant to each other because of what Peeta learned about it being an act.


6. (You can look now) President Snow didn't split the crown in half to give to both victors, but just gave it to Katniss. Grr...


7. Peeta's supposed to get a fake leg after Katniss had put a thingy on it to stop it from bleeding after the mutts attacked at the Cornucopia.


8. Peeta's supposed to mark a red X on Cato's hand with blood, but in the movie he just points at it.


9. When Katniss sang to Rue, she didn't WEAVE any flowers in her hair! Yes, she did put many around her and put some in Rue's hands, but it ain't the same.


10. Haymitch is supposed to walk in the room and barf in one scene. No barfy in da movie. (Not that I wanted to see that...ew)


11. Haymitch is also supposed to give some advice to them. Here's what his quote was supposed to be, "Here's some advice: Stay alive."


12. I feel like the mutts looked too animated and fake, and they didn't even show their eyes like in the book, they matched the dead tribute's eyes.


13. I don't remember District 11 going into an uproar after Rue's death, but apparently they thought it would be fun to add in the movie.


And now onto the things I liked.


1. They did well with the tracker jacker scene, not making them really animated looking.


2. They showed Gale in a few scenes which I thought felt authentic because Gale would actually have been watching the games.


3. The classic three fingered salute to the world! YAY! I freaked out and did the salute with Katniss when she did it. And earned myself odd looks amongst my family...


I might add more to this post at a later date, but I have things to do and places to see (not really) and I'll end of this post here.


~Seana

I <3 HUNGER GAMES & PEETA!!!

Comments

  1. I think you're a bit picky about all this, but I appreciate the list. I don't know how you remembered enough of these facts from the book... I hardly remember two. It shows a true fan, I suppose.
    My big question is, did you ever hear the four notes of Rue's dirge, as I like to call it? The notes that signaled quitting time in District 11 that were picked up by the mockingjays. I always wondered about that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did indeed remember the four notes of Rue's song. It was very cool hearing all of the birds echoing it.

      Delete
  2. Well, the movie is already two and a half hours long. They had to cut some things out, Seana. ;) I think Haymitch's advice could be cut out, among other things, and still leave the story intact.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts