Happy St. Patties Day & Spotlight on Gale

Hope ya'll are having a great St. Patrick's Day so far! It's not one of my major holidays that I wait in suspense for each year, but I do have a little fun dressing green...but only a little because green makes me look like I'm going to barf. So, not my best color. ^_^


Anyways, we are up to Gale Hawthorne in my Hunger Games Spotlight. So here we go!


Basic facts about Gale:
Gale is a bit older than Katniss (not by much) and his father was also lost in the mine explosion that caused her to lose her father as well. His mother is Hazelle was then left a widow. Gale has three younger siblings: Rory, Vick, and Posy, and he is protective of them and wants to keep them from harm. When Katniss and himself were younger, they met in the forest and then became best friends and hunting partners. Gale has a specialty for snares that he taught Katniss how to do as well. When the time of the Hunger Games came (the one that the first book is centered upon) he has so many more entries than everyone else because of taking extra tesserae (rationed food) for his family. When Katniss and Gale hunt together in the woods, she lets him let out some of his anger talking to her so that he can't be punished for his rebellious personality.


In the first book, Gale suggests that they both run away so that they can avoid the Reaping, but they both agree that it would be impossible to leave their families behind like that. Gale and Katniss promise to take care of the other's family if they are taken away to fight in the Hunger Games.


Katniss seems to have a bit of a liking for Gale, but her feelings are confused when she meets Peeta Mellark (who we shall blog on later in the Hunger Games Spotlight series).


Interesting fact on his name: A gale-force wind is something that can be strong, terrifying, and even destructive, which is a bit like Gale's fighting personality.


Well there we have it. Hunger Games Spotlight: Gale has been completed, and I am ready to move onto another character soon. Forgive me if I miss someone from the arena like Glimmer or Foxface or someone else like that. Leave me a comment if there's someone you want me to do! ^_^


~Seana

Comments

  1. Would you do Rue? I don't feel like the books give any like deep insight on who she really is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts