Seana the Bookwormie

Hello and howdy ya'll. Since my French braid success yesterday, I've been trying to see if I can get another one just as good in. I got one that looked okay until about halfway down where it looked like a regular braid. And July, I don' know if I can do other people yet. I haven't had much practice on that. 
To Kara Tucker: I'll be getting Catching Fire this week from the library if July will turn the book in soon. The sooner she gets it in, the sooner I'll be flying through the thing. 
To July: You can totally blog on Catching Fire, but don't you DARE give away any major events! :)


This weekend I read some more books, one called On the Loose by Jenny B. Jones (A totally hilarious author. Luv her books! I've blogged already on all of her So Not Happening series, and I'll continue to blog on her In Between series. On the Loose is the second book in the series of In Between.) and another book called Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson. Now, I really hate saying that books are horrible, I really do. But do NOT read Peaches. It's for your own good. The plot itself is good, but it's way way way too suggestive and sick nasty all together, that completely blots out the theme of friendship. Ugh. *shudders* The summary on the inside cover sounded really good, but the actual book itself was disgusting. Bleh.


Today's book is called On the Loose by Jenny B. Jones
Katie Parker has adjusted nicely to living with her foster family for six months now. But an earthquake suddenly rips through town, destroying neighborhoods and dreams in its path. But not just any neighborhoods. Maxine Simmon's apartment building was also damaged.  Mad Maxine, as she is called by everyone, is Katie's foster grandma, and the wildest lady on earth, (If you read the first book and this one, you'll get what I'm saying.) and having to share her bedroom with the snoring granny is not on the top of Katie's list. And when her foster mom, Millie, gets breast cancer, Katie worries if she'll have to go back to Sunny Haven the home for girls where she stayed before while her mom was in jail for selling drugs. And with a spring break mission trip, a malfunctioning friend, a science fair project, clothing thefts, and auditioning for her school play, (Cinderella) she's got a full plate to juggle. And through it all, she thinks that God must not even care about her anymore. It's going to take a bunch more than pixie dust and a perfect fitting glass slipper to solve all of her problems.


Seana's opinion about the book: This book is so funny! Katie has such a sarcastic and witty personality that she'll make even the hardest of hearts rolling on the floor in tears. (Alright, probably not that bad, but it's certainly hilarious.) Jenny has a nice way of writing that captures you from page one, and never lets go. She adds many twists and turns and you're never really sure until the final chapters. I would definitely recommend this to everyone who likes a good laugh. (Note: I know I keep saying that it's funny, but it's not like cheesy funny though. It's actually good humor.)


Luv and cherries,
~Sea J.

Comments

Popular Posts