A Short Story

Hi friends. Welcome to my 2nd post of the day. (A wonderful, yet rare occasion) Today just because I can, I'm going to write a paragraph or so in the perspective of a cheetah. I'm not sure how it'll turn out, so just bear with me! :)


The wind buffets my thick spotted fur and swirls around the rocky ledge that I stand on. I lick my lips sniffing out the perimeter of my territory, searching for small prey. I watch as my mother steps out of our cosy den, built into a rocky cliff. A herd of deer startles as she leaps into the air on her powerful legs, her sturdy claws raking the air as she lands a whisker's length away. The deer, now petrified with fear, suddenly vault into action, sprinting as fast as their thin legs will allow. Although my mother has the advantage here, the deer manage to crash into a thicket of bushes, my mother giving up the chase. She sits, panting hard, finally retreating back to our den in defeat. My dark brown eyes shine with disappointment, but I give her a reassuring lick. My brother and sister follow suit, each of them giving her a welcoming lick with their rough tongues as she returns to our warm snug den. I step outside again, longing for the feel of the sharp wind in my fur, the scents of mice and antelope mingling in my nose. Shivering from the chill in the air gusting through spotted coat, I retire back into our toasty cave, snuggling with my family. Drifting off into a soft slumber, my breathing slow, I feel my mother's tongue licking my back and neck gently, cleaning my fur from dirt and thistles that collected during the day. I open my eyes slowly, making out a the shadowy shapes of my brother and sister in the dim light. Feeling totally at ease and relaxed, I meandered back into a restful doze, yawning as night falls around me, shrouding me in darkness.


Please leave a comment on what you thought of my experiment story or send me an email at seana.j.vixen@gmail.com


Signed,
~Seana J. Vixen

Comments

Popular Posts