Taking Some Inspiration...

Bonjour amis! (That means hello friends in French.) My friend July is helping me out with my story--isn't that nice of her? Anyways, she stars as one of the characters (I won't say which one, since I want it to be as much of a surprise as possible!) and I've starred a few of my other friends in my progressing story as well. I hope when it's finished a lot of people will read it. I doubt it'll win any Nobel Peace Prize awards (I don't even know if that even is an award for books) but I still love writing it. I'm up to page 47 out of um...I don't really know how long it'll be. I'm shooting for 300 pages. I'll probably go back and proofread my first few chapters because they're not very detailed and rather blah. :)


Now I'm going to give you a sneak peek into my book, about how Minnesota's dog Pizza got his name. Enjoy!
Here is a picture of Pizza running.  Isn't he so cute?

It's honestly weird how Pizza got his name actually, and I ponder that a lot. When we went to adopt him from the animal shelter, the lady with the humongous hair told us that somehow he had figured out how to open his cage, and then at lunch time he'd go and steal food from only the employees that had pizza for lunch—none of the others. Even if one of them had a delicious steak or some meatballs, he only wanted the pizza. Nothing but pizza. If they tried to coax him to try some noodles or his kibble, he would practically roll his little eyes at that person, snorting in scorn. He's a surprisingly a dog that actually has expressions and can show them at any time.

What did you think of that sneak peek? I hope you really enjoyed that. I'll post a picture of what her dog looks like. Pizza is very, very loosely based Amelia's dog Elf, but his personality is from my own brain.

Sometime I might give you some more hints of my book Being Me is Harder Than it Looks. I'm planning on writing a sequel to this story someday called Being You Isn't All it's Cut Out to Be. And possibly a third book if I can find some topic to write about. I try to make my books realistic, with humorous notes throughout the book, with certain characters sprinkled in that make you either puzzle, laugh, mad as a hornet, and even totally excited.

Keep your nose in a good book, (maybe someday mine!)
~Seana

Comments

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts