Another Short Story

Okay, no one has commented so far on wether or not to do another story in the perspective of an animal, but I've been itching to do another one so here we go! PS: Don't be afraid to comment, I love to see what you've thought!


Stalking silently on my lean paws, I wade through the tall jungle grass searching for the perfect moment to pounce. My sister Marble leans into me, panting softly as she too searches for just the right second to make her move. The slight breeze whispers into our ears, ruffling our fur faintly, making me shiver. Suddenly, Marble darts into action, dashing over to a nearby tree, leaping into the air, her paws flailing, landing on the side neatly. My gaze shoots around seeking an answer for her swift, sudden movement. I lick my lips uncertainly, making the fur there damp. Then out of the corner of my green eye, a shadowy shape lunges out of the darkness. The vicious dog that always attacks us when he can stands menacingly nearby. I snarl and hiss at the danger, while my sister meows pitifully from the tree she's attached to. Arching my back I make my escape, streaking into the tree, getting poked left and right from sharp tree branches. I yowl as one spikes me in the side. An answering bay from the beast rings in my twitching ears as I join Marble on a thick woody tree branch that protrudes out like an extra limb. I stretch out in the fading sunlight, letting the illumination soak into my skin warming me all over. I feel my sister licking my back with her sandpapery tongue, grooming my now matted fur. I yawn and snuggle into her, taking care not to slip off of the branch and into a certain death below, fall into a restless sleep with the swallows doing their daily gossip, chickadees singing their songs in the fading light.


I don't think this one is as good as my last one, but that was the best I could do with a few kittens climbing trees. Hope you enjoyed it! :)


~Seana

Comments

Popular Posts