Book review: Shiver

I am really super excited for this book review. "Why?" You might be asking. "Cuz it's good or what?" The answer? Haha. That's funny. This book is simply the worst book I have ever read (well maybe not EVER) and it's going on my "Never Read Ever Again!" list. Enjoy this review.


Shiver
By Meggie Stiefavter


Summary:

For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf–her wolf–is a chilling presence she can’t seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human . . . until the cold makes him shift back again.
Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It’s her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human–or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.

Seana's Thoughts:
Well that summary sounds intriguing doesn't it? Like this is going to be the most breath-taking book ever, right? You thought WRONG. Let's see, where to start? 


Well, first of all, it seemed like the author had no idea what she was doing and just randomly was making up scenes off the top of her head and trying to fit it to the story like a puzzle piece from the wrong puzzle. 


Second, at the beginning she makes Grace's friends, Rachel and Olivia, seem super duper important and that they're vital parts of the story. By the next few chapters the author seems to have totally forgotten those characters entirely.


Third. Every other scene/chapter was one of Grace and Sam making out and doing things that I will not say on a public blog in case there are children reading this. But you get what I'm getting at, don't 'cha?


Fourth. The ending was incredibly awful. Even more awful than the rest of the book. At the end it was like the author was just saying random nonsense to fill up the blank pages. She was like, "Well, let's kill off this wolf and change this person into one, oh! And let's have the main characters look into each other's eyes like a cheesy romance novel!"


Fifth. The book itself had no real plot whatsoever. It was like the author didn't even know what she was writing the entire time. I think that if another author had the same idea for a story they would have done a much much better job than this page full of rambling to call a book.


Sixth. It was just a waste of my time. At least 300+ pages were wasted to create this dreadful thing. And of course, I could have been reading something much more exciting or reading my own books, but I thought I may as well finish it so that I can warn others of you not to read it.


So, in short, this was a total waste of time. I do NOT recommend it, nor will I ever. I'm sorry, Author Lady, but this was obviously not your best work.


Is this a girl book or a guy book?
Girl book. Definitely a girl book. Of course, I would say that it isn't for either since I hated the whole thing, but if you wanted to read it, I would say that it leans heavily on the female side.


Seana's Star Review: ✰
One star. One measly little star. That's how badly this book made me want to destroy it in a fire and never look at it ever again. Honestly, from the moment I started it, I wanted to put it down. But you can't review a book you only read half of, can you? Actually, I think a better star review would be NO stars, but I decided to give it a little grace because it was a good idea for a plot, with the wolves and stuff, but the way it was carried out stank like rotten garbage that went swimming in sewage.

That took a long time to write, but I think it was worth it to tell the world my opinion of this book.


~Seana

Comments

Popular Posts