Book Review: Inkspell

Hello hello everyone! I promised a book review on Inkspell, so here it is. (Note: See the Inkheart review by clicking here if you want to know about the first book in the trilogy!)


Inkspell
By Cornelia Funke


Summary:


Although a year has passed, not a day goes by without Meggie thinking of Inkheart, the book whose characters came to life. But for one of these characters, the fire-eater brought into being from the words that Mo spoke so long ago, the need to return to the tale has become desperate. When he finds Orpheus, a crooked storyteller with the magical ability to read him back, he leaves into the story and also leaves behind his young fire-breathing apprentice and plunges into the medieval world of the past. Distraught, his apprentice goes in search of Meggie to see if she can reunite him back with his master. Before long, both are caught inside the book, too. And the story is threatening to evolve in ways neither of them could ever have imagined possible. 


Seana's Thoughts:
Excellent. I loved it. (I had to edit the summary so that it made sense without the names that would be a huge spoiler. And spoilers are no fun if it gives away the whole book!) I thought that it had enough interesting turns of events what with the reading in characters and reading out characters, and of course the old lady, Elinor, made me laugh with her petty little complaints. Of course, there's a few times where some language is used (such as "beaver dam") but thankfully it wasn't on every single page--that would definitely lower it's star ranking. I liked this book better than the first because the beginning was not nearly so boring as the first. The descriptions in the book were fantastic when she described some of the land features/castles or some of the things that lived there. There's some bigger words in this book, so if you're not as advanced of a reader as some, this might not be the book for you since as well as that, it's also a pretty hefty book. Muchos grande. Yep, it's a long one, but one worth reading if you like fantasy books that still have some realism in them.


Seana's Star Rating: ✰✰✰✰ 
Four stars is what I'd give this because although I thoroughly enjoyed it, it takes a lot to have the five star rank in Seana's Star Rating.

Comments

  1. I actually didn't like this one very much when I first read it, but I don't think I absorbed most of it. In my last read-through of the series, however, I realized what a good book it is. I don't think it's as good as the first or third books, but I do like it a lot. Dustfinger is a great character.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts