I'm Back!

Wow. A whole week away from my blog. Complete torture, but at least the torture was in a sunny and warm location. I got back home at around 1:00 IN THE MORNING, and yet somehow I couldn't sleep in longer than 7:30. Where's the justice in that?


I took a lot of pictures on my vacation to Madeira Beach, Florida, but those are on my cell phone of which I haven't the slightest idea of how to get pictures off of. So, just use your imagination and bear with me please!


We started out visiting John's Pass which was really close by, and I managed to snag a blue sweatshirt. I also visited St. Petersburg and of course we had to visit the Pier Aquarium and see the morray eel. Rather gross I must say, but still cool.


We spent a lot of time at the pool and the Gulf of Mexico. Salty. A suggestion: do not open your mouth and eyes as wide as they go as a big wave comes hurtling towards you. The ending result is red eyes and feeling like you just swallowed a bucket of salt. Need I say more? But I digress.


And of course, I am sporting the ever awkward tan line, but hey, I don't mind it because, really, who sits and looks at people's tan lines?


That was my really really brief summary of my vacation, and of course I finished 3 books along the way. Inkheart, Inkspell, Inkdeath. Yup, you guessed it: it's a series! Written by Cornelia Funke. I suppose I shall blog on these books, but as an advanced warning, the beginning of the first book is really boring and I feel like the author was rambling a bit. The books get better as you go, but by no means are they a super suspenseful action-packed thriller type. And of course in the last book she had to make the main character choose between two boys. Why do all authors do this?


<3 Seana


PS: I am switching the Hunger Games Spotlight to a once a month thing so that non-Hunger Gamers will have something to read as well.


Shall I post an excerpt from Melody's Song? I was changing the beginning a bit because as I read on one blog, "The first sentence is perhaps the most crucial sentence in your story. If the sentence is exciting, you’ve got readers hooked. If it’s bad, you might as well forget about being on the best selling list."


And my first sentence was so boring I almost fell asleep. So perhaps I'll do a bit more editing. Also, feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions about my stories, blogs, or me in general.
seana.j.vixen@gmail.com

Comments

  1. I love the Inkheart trilogy. It's one of Funke's best works. I agree that the beginning of Inkheart is a little bit like wading through treacle wearing a lead radiation suit, but I think, overall, the story is quite original. I'd be interested in reading your review, if you decide to write one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts