The winner has been crowned!

Hey everyone! I got tons of entries (I'm not even kidding) for the Christmas contest, and I just want to send out a big muchas gracias to everyone for that! It was a blast reading all the stuff that you all like about Christmas and what you look forward to the most. So without further ado, I am pleased to announce that the winner of the 1st annual Seana J. Vixen Christmas Contest is............................................................................................................................................................................ (FYI this is a drumroll.).................................................. LYNDSIE ROMERO OF ALABAMA! Congratulations Lyndsie! I'd really like to hear more about living in Alabama since I don't live there myself. Here is Lyndsie's winning entry:


What I am looking forward to most is going to Church on Christmas morning and singing in my church's choir. I also love to go to my grandma's house and help her bake nutmeg logs and peppermint bark. At my house we have the whole family over and all open stockings and presents just to spend time with family. My most favorite thing, though, is to celebrate Baby Jesus' birth as our Lord and Savior. Merry Christmas!

So there you have it! I'll be in contact with her soon so that I can post a quote/saying that she made up or found somewhere, whether in a book, online, or from a person, that she really loves. Oh and Lyndsie, I'd also like to hear more about this peppermint bark. It sounds yummy! All of the other entries were fabulous, and just to show you just HOW fab they are, I'm gonna post a few of them that are the runners upppers. (I don't know how to make it plural, so runners uppers works for me.) In no particular order, these are the runners uppers.

From Callie:

I like Christmas because there is good food. Also I like putting up decorations too. My family puts up a real tree but my little sister is allergic to evergreens. Also it is the day where we all open up our presents and after that go see a movie. Christmas is one of my fav holidays.


From July: (NOTE: July, you gotta not hit caps lock, or it's a little annoying to read. =D)


I LIKE CHRISTMAS BECAUSE I CAN SPEAND TIME WITH FAMILY. I LIKE TO SHOP FOR OTHERS. MY FAMILY DOES THIS THING THROUGH CHURCH WHERE WE PICK A NAME OFF THE TREE AND BUY A PRESENT FOR A CHILD WHOSE PARENT(S) ARE IN PRISON. IT IS REALLY FUN BECAUSE ONE YEAR WE DID DELIVERING (WERE WE DELIVER THE PRESENTS) AND IT WAS SO MUCH FUN TO SEE THE LOOKS ON THE KIDS FACES WHEN THEY RECEIVED THE GIFT. CHRISTMAS IS MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY BECAUSE OF THE FOOD TOO. I LIKE BAKING THINGS WITH MY GRANDMA.

From Kara Tucker:


the thing i love most about christmas is being able to spend time with my family and my new adopted sister *yay*. i like to go christmas shopping and pick out gifts for all my friends. i love putting up the christmas tree too. most of all since im a christian my family does advent stuff and celebrates jesus's birth and al that. merry christmas sea!

So there you have it! Some sweet things that my readers love about the Christmas season. I'm so sorry to the rest of you who did not win, nor become a runner up, but I want you to know that although I wanted to post all of these as runners uppers or winners, I just couldn't. =( But Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night/day/morning/evening/midafternoon/whatever time it is. Stay tuned for any upcoming contests in the future! (I'll try to make the prizes a little snazzier in the future too. Any ideas/suggestions?)


So once again, CONGRATS and SO SORRY! =(
<3 Seana
Ho, ho, ho...

Comments

Popular Posts