Syllable is an evil word

Hey everyone! If you've read July's blog, you know that she's in the running to win our school's Spelling Bee. Myself, April, and Christine didn't make it, though we tried our best! Christine had the word 'barracks' and I could tell she was confused about what word she had. So she goes, "B-A-R-R-I-X." The teacher who had us trying out didn't say anything, and so feeling awkward, Christine goes, "Is there another X?" And we all bust out laughing. She blushes and joins me in the Non-Winner's corner. (It wasn't called that, but I just felt like giving it a name.) The word I got wrong was Syllable. Can you believe it?! I'm such a goof sometimes. =D I spelled it, "S-Y-L-I-B-L-E." Wow. I missed an L and I changed the A to an I. Silly me. And when I got out one kid goes, "Sea is down!" And I just totally blew him off by saying, "Thanks George, I appreciate that." July thought I handled the situation quite well. Go me! Woo!


Hope to see your entries for my Christmas contest popping up in my inbox (seana.j.vixen@gmail.com)!
~Seana
PS: I'm going to add a waving snowman to my blog, and maybe some snowflakes, so keep your eyes peeled!

Comments

Popular Posts