The Big Picture

Hi everyone! I've just finished reading a book, so I'm gonna quick blog on it before I have to go to a Christmas choir practice at my church. Oh, and just a quick announcement. I haven't received any entries yet. Be sure to get them in by the 24th of December so that I can post the winner on Christmas or the day after.


Today's book is called The Big Picture by Jenny B. Jones. (I LOVE her books! And because I'm feeling lazy today and don't have tons of time, I'll just copy the summary on the back and tweak a few words. =D)
Bobbie Ann Parker, released from prison, wants to to start a new life her her daughter--in a new town. Katie is forced to walk away from In Between, leaving the foster family she loves, en endangered town movie drive-in, and a boyfriend who suddenly can't take his eyes off a former girlfriend.
As life with her mom takes a serious nosedive, Katie must rely on her faith to keep it together. Yet God seems to be nowhere around. Can she trust him to see her through, and will her big picture ever include a happily ever after?


Seana's opinion about the book:
This is a great book. Jenny has a way of writing that is free flowing and easy to read, yet has enough suspense and drama at the end of chapters to make you want to read more. The character of Katie is spunky and has a really funny way of looking at everything. (NOTE: This book is the third and final book of the Katie Parker series. The first two are In Between and On the Loose. The first being In Between and so on. I have blogged on the other two before, so if you want to, you can go check those out in the blog archive.) If/when you read these books, watch out for Maxine Simmons, Katie's foster grandma, as she is veeeeery special. She's hilariously ridiculous though.


Read, read, read!
Seana <3
PS: I just had to rewrite this whole thing because the internet froze before it saved! Grr....
Also response to a few comments I received recently; The name Seana J. Vixen is my pen name, as I really would love to be an author someday. I'm in the middle of writing a book right now, and I hope that I'll get it published eventually! And about the pink owl on the side of my blog, I agree it's cute and can get in the way sometimes. I'll see what I can do about finding another one, but I sadly don't have time today. Gotta go sing my heart out in a few minutes. =D

Comments

  1. Didn't Jenny B. Jones write the So Not Happening series? If so I don't want to read anymore of her books because So Not Happening did not go over very well with me.
    I'm sorry to criticize your favorite author.
    -A Person Who Likes Your Blog But Not Jenny B. Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's totally okay. But I'm just saying that this series is much better than the other one in my opinion.
    ~Seana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah,
    It messed me up when I read about what happened to Bella at the end of the book.
    There aren't any parts like that in the In Between series are there?
    -A Person Who Likes You And Your Blog But Not Jenny B. Jones

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts