Busy Post

Hey everyone! It's Thursday, which means I had choir today! Yay! So our teacher Mr. Scone had us sing in small groups if we were interested in the solo/duet/quartet thing in the song One Bright Star. So July, myself, and a girl named Margaret sang the beginning part. Then after choir, Mr. Scone said he'd post the solo list on the door so that we could see who made it. My friends and I gobbled down our lunches and sprinted to the doors, to see the names of two 6th graders, and two names in our grade.
July Emmance
Kathy Morris
Which are both not me. I'm seriously happy for July, but she was kinda sad that I won't be singing with her, and neither will Christine. Honestly, though I am happy for my best friend, deep down I'm feeling like a Scrooge. Yes, I am disappointed, yes I am upset. I wanted to have that part so badly since (a. I didn't make the Spelling Bee (stupid double L's in words) and (b. I just tried so hard to make it and I love to sing. Well it is what it is, and obviously, it ain't me.


But after school we all went to a nearby cafe, and July and I sat in the same booth, with Christine sitting across from us by herself. Suddenly a whole flock of the popular guys saunter in and plunk into some chairs chorusing their, "Hey Sea!" Then George came over to Christine and goes, "Is this seat taken?" And Christine (while turning BRIGHT red) stutters, "N-no." Then he sits next to her and then turns with his arms draped over the back of the seat and the table. Christine scoots waaaay over to the other side of the booth and squishes against the wall. George pretends to steal her coat, causing her to shriek and yell at him for being a thief. Then, another of their groupies (Carson this time) repeats George's words. "Is this seat taken?" Same response from Christine. Then the smoothie that she orders is ready and the lady calls her over. "I can't get out. You're blocking my way." Carson laughs. "Oh you'll get that for her won't you?" The lady teases him. He gets up and hands the smoothie to me. "That's Christine's!" I say, trying to hand it to her. Carson grabs it and says, "I gave it to Sea, Christine." I shake my head and slide it over to her and she takes a long, loud sluuuuuurp. Then Carson leaves with his posse and my friends and I bust out laughing, and Christine chides herself for smiling the whole time like a complete dork. Sometimes life is pretty funny.


Then I went to an ortho appointment. I have to wear FOUR rubber bands. Grr. And then sometime next month I have another appointment, and then the time after that I for sure and rid of my metal teeth things. AKA braces. HURRAH! WOOOO!!!!! HAPPY DANCE HAPPY DANCE!!


Eat your ice cream,
neonflowers's Avatar~Seana J. Vixen

Comments

  1. Yay Sea! I mean the braces part. That was pretty funny with the whole Carson/George thing. They're hilarious...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sea, may i call you that? im sorry that you didnt make the solo but july good job. that sounds really funny of what george and carson did to you and your friends. do they like you guys? ive been trying to find time to do your contest but i have exams right now so ive been really busy. ill do it as soon as i have a spare moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To July: I know right? I'm insanely excited to get these things off my mouth.
    To Kara: That's totally okay if you want to call me Sea. And about the whole, do I like guys question. Well, there is a few out there that have some cute genes. :D I can't wait to see your entry in my contest. Good luck with your exams! I sure you'll ace them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Question: Is Seana J. Vixen your real name or is it just a pseudonym?
    Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts