Invictus

Hello everyone! So today after our science exam (which I did better on than I thought I would. Yay) we got to spend the whole afternoon watching Invictus. It was just after the apartheid in South Africa, and there's a whole thing with Nelson Mandel and a rugby team. It's kinda hard to explain. So anyways, our whole grade went to the church that's across the street from the school and we went to one of their rooms that was just full of couches--enough to fit everyone on. But lo-and-behold, the teachers decided that girls and guys could NOT be on the same couch. July, Christine, and I were looking to find a spot to sit. One boy was sitting on a couch all by himself and July politely asked him if he could move to another couch so that we could sit there and he could be by some of his friends. He totally said NO. So we looked to see if there were any other couches left. There wasn't. If the guys would just cram into the same couches instead of hogging a whole one with just two people, we could've fit everyone. The girls all fit like 5 girls per couch so it wasn't like we could squish in between them. So we ended up having to sit on PLASTIC chairs  during the whole movie. Blah. It was a good movie (complete with a cute rugby-playing guy =D) but the seating arrangement was totally stinky. The teachers also said that we had to sit in the same spots after lunch, which stank because my friends and I were hoping to snag a couch after lunch. Oh well. It is what it is.


The rugby part in the movie was pretty crazy and one team had a hilarious war dance cry thing. (Weird, but funny!) And of course this got July and Christine going on and on about how they are going to be on a girls rugby team in high school. Me? I wouldn't last a minute out there with all the bruises and crashing going on. I'm not exactly a girl with high pain tolerance. =} It got really annoying when July (every stinking minute) says, "I wanna play rugby!" One minute later.... "I wanna play rugby!" I love her, but we could use a little less repeating of oneself. =)


Love,
~Seana

Comments

Popular Posts