Seana the Whiner

Hello again readers! Puzzled by my title? Well, since it's snowing up a storm outside, I've had the great fantastic honor of being the official driveway shoveler along with my brother Josiah. This morning it wasn't so bad shoveling the walkway to our front door since it was just a light snow then. Now I've just returned from another shoveling expedition and this time it wasn't really a walk in the park. It was really heavy snow that was packed together tightly. And of course my dog Chloe decided to get in on the action too and she'd make little doggie snow angels on the unshoveled snow, causing it to go onto the recently shoveled areas. I actually don't mind her little snow angels because it's just so cute.


Oh, and thanks to everyone who's voted on the Being Me is Harder Than it Looks covers poll on the right hand side of my blog! So far it looks like cover A is doing the best with cover C in second place. Since no one seems to like cover B, I'm gonna say that that one isn't going to be the first cover I choose when I finish writing the book.


I'm an avid reader myself and when I finish a book and there's more coming in the series, I'm usually impatient waiting for it to come out into stores. Well, now that I'm a writer myself, I can see why the authors take at least a year or so to write them. Even now, I'm less than halfway through my book and it's taken me almost a year. But then again, I don't stay glued to it and writing nonstop, so maybe that accounts for something too.


Now I'm rambling and it's probably getting reeeeally boring reading this, so I'm gonna sign off now.
Love and cookies,
~Sea J.V.
PS: I'm thinking of starting another story to get a break from writing my other one. I'm thinking I'm going to do a story about a girl who finds out that's she's a mermaid, but she hates being a mermaid. And then everyone in the city under the sea (I don't know what I'll call it) is really mean to her about her being part human and not fully mermaid. So she tries to find a way to fit in, and decides wether or not she actually wants to fit in, all while a growing crush on the prince of the kingdom starts to form.


Please tell me if this is a totally stupid idea, or if you think it's pretty good. I'll probably tweak some things to make it a lot better, but this is a rough outline.

Comments

  1. I just read something like the story you are thinking of writing. Read FORGIVE MY FINS and you'll figure out what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read some similar books too. Not to bust your bubble or anything! Maybe you could just tweak it a bit...
    July

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up both of you. What do you think I could tweak to make it original?
    ~Sea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe they could hate her at first and then she saves them or something. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an okay idea, but sounds a little too fairy tale-ish to me. What if she had a boyfriend (a human one) and when he learns that she's part mermaid then he doesn't like her anymore, and she has a crush on the prince guy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts