The possible story idea: REVISED

Howdy one and all! So if you've read my last blog post, you probably saw that I'm planning on writing a new story with a mermaid theme. I don't know why, I really wanted to do something fantasy-ish, but I didn't want to do like unicorns and fairies because it's hard to make that appeal to readers of my age. Mermaids were one of my top choices, but there's already so many out there that sound like what I was thinking for the basic idea. Anyways, I've revised it a little bit in hopes that it will seem more original and less of the run of the mill stuff. Here we go:


The main character (I'm not sure what her name will be yet, but I was thinking Destiny. Please comment with some feedback on wether or not you like this and suggestions on other names too.) has a little sister who's simply obsessed with mermaids and loves anything related to the sort. So when her older sister finds out that she can become a mermaid when she rubs the gem on a special necklace (which will have some sort of magical jewel not sure what kind yet) while sitting in or touching water, the younger girl is ecstatic. So are the sisters' parents. But not in a good way. The instant they find out that their eldest daughter is part mermaid, they call the TV news and every newspaper in the country. The daughter puts up with the paparazzi for while and then she decides that she hates it. She doesn't want to be a circus sideshow. And when her football playing boyfriend finds out, he decides that he won't date her or even be her friend anymore for fear of what his fellow football team friends will say about him hanging out with a girl who has fins, which makes "Destiny" feeling sad and angry at how much he cares about his big inflated ego compared to her. "Destiny" decides to see if anyone in the ocean who's also a mermaid or merman can help her out a bit. But when she reaches the town (not sure what I'll call it yet) everyone hates her. No one thinks that she should be down there if she's only part mermaid, not a bona fide one. Then in hopes of gaining their trust, she saves them from a terrible monster (again, no clue on what the monster'll be). But even after that they're still wary and despising of her, and to top it off she's falling in love with their prince (I need help with figuring out his name too) who's not sure what to think of her.


So there we have it. Please comment or email (seana.j.vixen@gmail.com) me on what you think I can use for names and stuff I can tweak. I'm going to add stuff farther than her falling in love and stuff, but I don't want to spoil the fun!


Lotsa mermaid fun,
~Seana
PS: Apparently, there's a dress style called the Mermaid and I found some pics of it. Here they are:

Comments

  1. I like your idea! Those dresses are cool too! The name Destiny is ok, but not my favorite for a mermaid. Maybe the princes name could be William, or Preston...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I like the name Destiny for her as a human anyway. But I don't want to give her a fully mermaid name like Bubbles or something like that either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVVVE those dresses! Plus I see one of my favorite celebrities! I have a few ideas I could share with you as well.(;

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts